The Glover Park Group (GPG), a leading public affairs consulting firm, is seeking an organized and detail-oriented junior professional to join the firm’s Strategic Communications practice. This position is based in our Washington, DC office.
- Monitor and/or compile daily press clips for multiple clients
- Assist client teams in prep for meetings/pitches
- Basic writing and research tasks (including emails, meeting agendas, messaging documents, press materials, client documents, owned media content, etc.)
- Build and maintain press lists
- Pitch wide variety of media contacts
- Prepare briefing documents, talking points, etc.
- Administrative support for client teams and senior staff, including scheduling, preparing and submitting expense reports, booking travel, and filtering internal and external requests
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus 1-2 years of relevant internship experience
- Previous experience in communications field, particularly media
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong writing and research skills
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines and apply appropriate judgment