The Glover Park Group (GPG), a leading strategic communications firm, is seeking a talented and collaborative Digital and Print Designer to join our in-house Creative Studio, focusing on a Fortune 10 client account and interacting with other print and digital designers, creative directors, writers, user experience specialists, and producers. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
- Partner with the brand team for a key Fortune 10 client to adopt and co-develop market-leading digital and print materials for internal and external use
- Individually and independently ideate, design, and develop digital and print executions
- Contribute current design and technology best practices and apply them to our projects
- Create design solutions for infographics, reports, detail-rich layouts and publications, style guides, brand logos, print and digital advertising, and interactive assignments across platforms
- Provide accurate time and hour estimates to Project Managers on new design projects and assignments
- Upgrade and improve work processes, design digital and print with team and be confident using your skill sets on a range of projects from website design, mobile design, and ecommerce design to brand development, digital and print campaigns, banner promotions, PowerPoint templates, emails, and landing pages
- Proactively meet budget estimates and schedule deadlines
- Minimum of 5–8 years of experience in a creative (agency or in-house) environment
- A portfolio demonstrating successful digital and print design
- A facility with data visualization and information-rich layout such as infographics, publication design, etc.
- Possess a strong understanding of user-centered design principles, excellent visual design skills and solid technical know-how. You should also be a problem-solver with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure.
- A solid understanding of digital media as well as the marketing industry at large; an ability to adapt and stay current with the changing landscape of technology
- Experience taking ownership of assignments from start to finish and engender confidence at all levels
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Solid background in the following disciplines:
- Digital (Web/Application) and print design, advertising and brand design
- Website creative development, UX/IA (User Experience/Information Architecture), interactive design, and content strategies
- Solid knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs. Adobe Creative Suite CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.). Motion graphics and animation experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite to ensure effective interaction with in-house account teams in the agency including PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Mac OS X