The Glover Park Group (GPG), a leading public affairs consulting firm, is seeking an experienced communications professional to join the firm’s Health practice. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Serve as client-facing lead on a diverse roster of health accounts. Products are highly regulated; experience creating and managing successful communications campaigns in a complex environment is essential.
- Craft persuasive strategic plans, messaging and related collateral materials tailored for different audiences. Strong writing abilities are critical to success in this position.
- Understanding of and/or keen interest in larger healthcare business and policy environment and a grasp of healthcare reporting trends.
- Generate media outreach strategies and pitch stories on a regular basis. Journalism experience or track record with high-quality earned media placements is essential.
- Demonstrate strong client-relations skills – responsive, professional, helpful.
- React quickly to emerging issues, urgent client requests and challenging media environment.
- Contribute to firm’s new business process and efforts.
- Work with other GPG divisions to deliver integrated services (from government relations and advertising to content development and public opinion research).
- Experience in health care policy/consumer issues is a plus, but a willingness to specialize in health communications is critical.
- Experience in all aspects of strategic communications, message development, message delivery, events and media relations
- A BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 6-9 years of relevant experience
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication and teamwork
- Detail oriented and strong project management skills
- Established media contacts in health care or general press