The Glover Park Group (GPG), a leading strategic communications and government relations firm, is seeking an experienced media producer/broadcast booking professional to join the firm’s Strategic Communications practice. This position can be based in our Washington, D.C. or New York office.
- Serve as lead broadcast media relations specialist across GPG’s client base, which ranges from large corporations to non-profit advocacy-based organizations to individuals.
- Work on various types of stories, from managing broadcast appearances during crisis to placing positive, reputation-building pieces.
- Leverage strong relationships with broadcast producers, bookers and talent to place spokespersons and stories in key national and local outlets.
- Demonstrate keen awareness of news cycle and trends, as well as reporters’ schedules and timelines.
- Advise clients and internal account teams on designing proactive broadcast media strategies that contribute to larger communications objectives.
- Show strong writing skills – be able to formulate a smart, well-constructed pitch.
- Display understanding of how the larger business and regulatory environment, along with consumer trends, shapes news coverage and opportunities.
- Possess excellent client relations skills – proactive, responsive, professional, and helpful.
- React quickly to emerging issues, urgent client requests and time-sensitive media requests.
- Train and equip others across the team with broadcast knowledge, relationship-building and other tactical skills.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in broadcast booking and a passion for generating media results.
- Comes with a strong rolodex of media contacts, from broadcast outlets, newspapers, magazines, and blogs.
- Strong intellectual curiosity, with a passion for understanding difficult and new concepts and industries.
- A natural engager – someone who reaches out to and enjoys interacting with others.
- Commitment to highest ethical standards, collegiality and teamwork.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities – able to prioritize numerous competing demands.
- Flexible and good natured.
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication and teamwork.