The Glover Park Group (GPG), a leading strategic communications and government relations firm, is seeking an experienced events and communications professional to join the firm’s Strategic Communications practice.
- Principal manager for all variety of client events in partnership with account teams, including:
- Serve as day-to-day client-facing and internal contact for events of all sizes, including multi-day or large venue events;
- Advise clients and internal account teams on how events can contribute to achieving communications objectives;
- Develop and manage bespoke invite lists, RSVP process, and outreach to media and other audiences;
- Develop and execute agendas, messaging, and runs of show;
- Facilitate venue identification and coordination;
- Develop and monitor event budgets;
- Oversee onsite event support, including media and general attendance and other logistics.
- Actively participate in ongoing Strategic Communications client accounts, including:
- Help craft and deliver persuasive messaging and related collateral materials, simplifying complex legislative, regulatory, legal or other general issues;
- Leverage media relationships and strong understanding of how to sell stories through earned and owned media channels;
- Work with other GPG divisions to deliver integrated services (from government relations and advertising to content development and public opinion research);
- Contribute to new business process and efforts.
- A BA/BS degree in a related field and 5-7 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in all aspects of event management and/or advance work;
- Extremely strong writing and communications skills; ability to produce clear, concise materials within tight deadlines;
- Superior research and editing skills;
- Ability to identify and cultivate key media contacts and outlets for a range of clients;
- Experience working with reporters and established media contacts;
- Experience with rapid response or ‘war room’ efforts;
- Strong strategic thinker with understanding of how larger economic and public policy landscape impacts clients’ communications abilities and needs;
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication and teamwork.