The Glover Park Group, a leading strategic communications and government affairs firm, is looking for a special kind of problem solver to join our Data Science and Analytics team. The ideal candidate understands how to drive action with analytics and data science tools, can build the code necessary for developing unique analysis and products, and has the business acumen to present findings in a concise and actionable deliverable. This role blends the hard-skills of coding and data science with the soft-skills that allow you to make data-driven results actionable. This is a Washington, D.C. based position.
- Utilize data from multiple sources to build reporting mechanisms for both clients and client teams within GPG to measure campaign performance across a variety of tactics including site engagement, digital ad performance, social ad performance, and organic digital efforts.
- Manage the reporting arm of our analytics offering which includes tracking performance of ongoing campaigns, configuring the code, and visualization for our live-reporting-function, and monitoring our data warehouse.
- Serve as an internal consultant for ad-hoc data and coding requests from clients and client teams. This will largely involve website level data, ad performance data, Twitter data, and a variety of web scraping activities.
- Understand structured and unstructured data and how to clean, explore, visualize, model, and derive insights that inform our business decisions.
- Bring creative ways of thinking about and utilizing our data sources to build products that can be utilized across the firm. We are an ever-expanding, highly integrated team within the firm that is called upon to solve problems and resolve inefficiencies. A creative energy from the top-down is what makes us successful.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with R and/or Python required (we are an R shop)
- Experience with Tableau or similar visualization software
- Experience with web analytics
- Experience with advertising data and KPIs
- Experience with and understanding of web APIs and social data
- Not required, but a plus: Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Not required, but a plus: Experience with database management