We are seeking a government affairs professional with 4-8 years experience. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
- Serve as the day-to-day account coordinator/manager on the Financial Services team.
- Pro-actively respond to daily client requests with minimal supervision.
- Compose weekly memos to clients on substantive financial services, trade and tax policy issues.
- Maintain deep knowledge of social/political/economic issues that impact relevant clients and/or firm disciplines such as financial services, international affairs, trade and tax issues.
- React quickly to emerging issues, urgent client requests and challenging policy environments.
- Project manage initiatives, including developing work plans and meeting client deliverables on time and on budget.
- Work with other GPG divisions to deliver integrated services including public affairs, advertising and branding and public opinion research.
- Contribute to business development proposals and process.
- Very strong writing, editing, and research skills.
- Experience in public policy, preferably in financial services, tax, international affairs and/or trade issues.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the congressional process and with key agencies including the Treasury Department, the Commerce Department, the State Department, HUD, the Federal Reserve, CFPB, FHFA, OCC, FDIC, CFTC, SEC, IRS and USTR.
- Proven leadership of complex projects and medium-to-large-sized teams.
- Strategic thinker with understanding of how larger economic and regulatory landscape impacts clients’ communications abilities and needs.
- Ability to take initiative, manage people and deadlines, and multitask in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 4-8 years of relevant experience.