The Glover Park Group (GPG), a leading strategic communications and government relations firm, is seeking an experienced government relations professional to join the Energy|Sustainability practice and contribute to other practices areas as appropriate, with a focus on international affairs and national security. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
- Serve as day-to-day, client-facing lead for multiple client accounts.
- Contribute to firm’s new business process and efforts.
- Research and author new business presentations, proposals and materials.
- Maintain expert knowledge of evolving policy and political issues that impact the energy, infrastructure, and environment sectors.
- Participate selectively in work involving international affairs, national security and other firm practice areas.
- Work with other GPG divisions to deliver integrated services (from strategic communications and advertising to content development and public opinion research).
- Coordinate, manage, and attend congressional and administrative meetings on behalf of clients
- Help craft and deliver persuasive messaging and related collateral materials, simplifying complex legislative, regulatory, legal or other general issues.
- Very strong writing, editing, and research skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Congressional process and with key agencies and relationships on Capitol Hill.
- Experience in the House of Representatives preferred.
- A BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Proven leadership of complex projects, excellent communications skills, and demonstrated teamwork.
- Ability to take initiative, manage deadlines and junior staff, and multitask in a dynamic and fastpaced environment.